Thursday, March 22, 2012

Early sings of Summer

With all the warm weather we have been getting I've been spending a lot of time outside these past 2-3 weeks. There definitely are signs that summer is approaching quickly! I had my first tick on me, - ewwww! Mosquitoes are out, a couple even left their bites on me. I got my first ever Poison Ivy which is on my stomach, arms, neck, back and legs. As much time as I have spend outside these past few years I have never had it before. I think I got it from the dogs who found a patch of it and then I got it from hugging them (I give them lots of hugs!) It showed up as a few little spots then was popping up all over. It wasn't too bad the first day or two but after a few weeks I couldn't stand the sleepless nights from the itching and I finally broke down and went to the doctor yesterday. He gave some Predinisone, which hasn't kicked in yet, sure hope it kicks in soon as the itching is unbearable! I'm one of those people who do not like to go to the doctor and would much rather spend the co-pay and prescription money at Michaels or Hobby Lobby - LOL! I've been looking everywhere on the property for the Poison Ivy and finally after a week I found it right behind the dog kennels, go figure that! Terry has bought some stuff and is going to spray it and hopefully it will die off. I don't ever want to get messed up with Poison Ivy EVER again!
Oh, and to top off the sure signs that summer is almost upon us - our resident 6 foot Black Rat snake made her first appearance yesterday across our front lawn.

There are good things about summer that I like though, the birds, flowers and especially fresh picked tomatoes and veggies from the garden!

I worked on an Easter card using some Papertrey Ink releases from last month. Made a bunny basket and cut slits in the bottom and weaved in some thin pieces of felt to make it look like a woven basket, then added some stamped egg bunnies, a rolled rose and some Easter grass.

Made a little scallop card and pocket using We R Memory Keepers, Papertrey Ink egg die and Sizzix.

Cupcake set with a fabric envelope and matching card and tag. This is the front of the fabric envelope.


I made some fabric and paper pockets and tucked some tags inside.




Also just finished a chipboard album. The base is a chipboard book I picked up about 3-4 years ago, finally decided to do something with it! Most of the papers in the book are Simple Stories which I picked up last year. I added lots of pockets, journal tags and places for photos. This is one project I can check off my to do list!




I've got a new toy to play with, an Embroidery sewing machine!! Will share some projects as soon as I figure out how to use it!

Wishing you a lovely day!
Smiles, Annette

8 comments:

Chris said...

ugh...I hate poisen ivy. If I get it, it ends up in my blood stream and pops out all over the place! Hang in there.

Lovely work - your pockets are adorable. I am always blown away by your exquisite work. :)

Rosana Garcia Hess said...

wonderful projects!
kisses
Rosana

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you have to go thru Poison Ivy...My Dad's nickname was Ivy...just for that reason lol! I've never had it but my son gets Poison Oak out here and here's miserable!!

Gorgeous creatons as always! I love the Papertrey bunny and your album is so so cute!!!!! Hugs, Char

Beatemor said...

WOW - stunning projects you've made!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Yay! SO happy to see a post from you this morning, Annette! LOVE all your gorgeous new projects. The Easter bunnies are so sweet. So are the cupcakes. Love your pockets and tags, too. Love how you've used the fabric and felt. That woven basket on the first card is just uhmazing!
So, so sorry to hear about your poison ivy. I've only ever had it once myself, and boy was it bad. Spreads all over your whole body. :( Hope you get some relief soon!

Lisa said...

Hi Annette! It has been way too long since I've paid you a visit. Just wanted to drop by with a quick hello. As always, I had to linger over your AWESOME creations! You are freakin' amazing! Hope the poison ivy is all cleared up and you are enjoying the beautiful weather we are having. Hugs and love to you, my friend! -L

Angela said...

I love all of these you are so talented!!!

Jill Norwood said...

Oh my I can imagine the poison ivy and the itching!!! My heart goes out to you! I went camping a few years back in the spring and got over 50 mosquito bites that swelled to the size of silver dollars. I itched for weeks and was taking vinegar and epsom salt baths every night when it seemed to be at its very worst! I hope you are totally better very, very, soon!

Your cards and tags and book are all beautiful. I have your blog linked on my blog page so I can visit often. Your creations always make me smile! Thanks for sharing your beautiful art!

:) Jill