It's almost time to start baking sugar cookies, one of my favorite holiday traditions every year. I love cookie cutters and always have a hard time chosing which shapes to use. The baking part is fun but I think decorating the cookies is the best part, aside from eating them!
Just a few crafty things to share. I got some snowman picks from the craft store, gave them a makeover and attached them to some little paper mache' boxes. Added some Melissa Frances papers and rub-ons, along with little trees, tinsel, buttons, ribbon, beads and glitter.



I made this card and tag set using some cute felt snowmen that I got years ago. I painted the hat and gloves and added some beads. Trees are sizzix dies cut with felt and I added snow-tex and Martha Stewart Course glitter to them. Paper is old stash Melissa Frances - love it! I highlighed all the felt with ink first before I covered with glitter.



You'd think after making 200 ornaments recently I would of had enough of gingerbread men but I can't get enough of them, I just love them! I used Making Memories paper on this card.

And a few pictures of my Cardinal themed Christmas tree. I still need to dig my tree skirt out of storage. I know when I put it down that the cats are going to think it's just a pretty blanket for them to sleep on! The cats have been good about not eating the tree this year, although occasionally I'll find a pinecone or berry spray on the carpet and of course no cats are around when I find them but I do think all of them have had their paws in it! I've got lots of white lights on the tree but took the photos during early daylight so the lights aren't showing up that great, it looks much better at night all lit up.


I've got some homemade ornaments on the tree, felt cardinals and wood snowflakes I covered with paper and glittered.

Have you started your decorating yet?
I hope everyone enjoys the holiday season!
Annette ♥
9 comments:
gorgeous creations, as always, Annette. Everything always looks so crisp and clean! Love the cardinal tree...my tree is all red and gold this year and even has a few cardinals as well! what a coincidence...great minds think alike! Have a great week.
Your project are all soooo amazing and festive!!! That Christmas tree is gorgous too! :)
Your cardinal tree is beautiful (and for the record, Rocco told me the dogs got in the house and into the tree decorations, it wasn't the cats at all). Your cards and tags are adorable too. :-)
Oh my goodness, your creations are all so wonderful Anette! I just love all the sparkle you add. Gorgeous, gorgeous tree, your homemade ornament really make it! still working on getting mine up.
(-: Heidi
Beautiful creations Annette! Love all of the glittery snowmen! And your tree is gorgeous! I bet the cats are in Heaven with a cardinal Christmas tree, they probably think you decorate it just for them : )
Hugs
Amber
Oh, what a fabulous post, Annette! I love hearing your stories of the new house and your Thanksgiving holiday. LOVE the photos of your cardinal tree. It looks stunning. Love the natural pine cones and berries mixed in with your cardinal collection. SO perfect for a NC Christmas!
And your crafty projects are just gorgeous, as always! Love, love, love the little snowmen on the boxes. Love the gingerbread boy and the sweet felt snowman, too. All the glitter and detail is just amazing.
Thanks for sharing!
Oh Annette, you create the most beautiful things... can i ask you to put up a "subscribe by email" thing on your blog so I can stay updated? I've been away way too long and only just remembered to come visit you! I love your cards and projects too much! Thank you for sharing your beautiful talent.
hugs,
Vio
Pure eye candy!! Snowmen are my fav and those little guts are gorgeous!! Your tree is so pretty too!! i hope you have a wonderful Christmas in your new house sweetie! Hugs, Char
Your tree looks gorgeous! I bet you are so happy to be in your new house and be able to decorate it how you like! How fun! Love your snowman tags, simply beautiful!
Post a Comment