We had some snow that arrived Christmas Day evening. It starting snowing lightly about 9pm and by 2 am the next day, there was a little coating on the cars and grassy areas but not much and my heart sank because I was thinking we weren't going to get any accumulation and went back to bed. By 6am the next morning, we had 5 inches! An hour later I was dressed and out the door with my camera to get photos.



A little later Terry and I went for a walk in the back by the lake.

I took this while we were walking in the back on the railroad tracks. If you click on this photo and enlarge it, you can see our house in the background nestled in the trees.

I was ready for a snowball fight!

The dogs loved the snow and were rolling around in it. Kaila would lay down and duck her head under the snow like she does with water, it was so funny! I got a photo of her sticking her tongue out and it looks like she's trying to catch snowflakes. I couldn't get any of the dogs to sit still and pose for photos so I was lucky to get one of her standing still!


I really enjoyed making Christmas items, it's my favorite holiday to create for. I know it's time to move on so I made a few cards for Valentine's Day.


Wishing you all a very Happy New Year!
Annette
10 comments:
beautiful pictures of the snow fall, looks like your dogs had a ball! your card creations are so soft and lovely- love that vintage look for valentines! :)
The snow pics are gorgeous (and I was able to get a glimpse of your home...gorgeous location on the lake!) your creations are beautiful, as always. Wishing you and Terry a wonderful New Year!
weren't we lucky to receive such a beautiful snowfall for Christmas? Made the holiday just that much more special, didn't it? The area around your house is so lovely. You truly have found yourself a little slice of heaven on earth.
You are so good to be starting your Valentine's projects. I do not have my head in gear yet at all. Still just enjoying my family while they are visiting, and ignoring just about everything else. ;)
Wishing you a very Happy New Year, my friend! I'm so looking forward to another year of sweet bloggy friendship with you. :)
Oh my, you got all kinds of snow! I'm so happy you did! And what beautiful lake pictures! Your cards are beautful, love all the touches of pink!
Hugs
Amber
I am so glad you got snow for Christmas!!!! I bet your heart raced and I hope you enjoyed it all day. Love your home located on the lake. Now we won't have to imagine...and your cards are beautiful.
what gorgeous pictures!! We actually got a dusting of snow and I was so happy lol!! I hope that your year is fantastic in your new home sweetie!! And your cards are so so beautiful!!Hugs!!
Fab designs.
Now you are in your planning stage for the coming year I wonder if I might ask a favour of you! Here in the UK we get so little help from Provocraft and we are so disillusioned with the MB. We all used to love the old message board and had terrific chats but since moving to the new message board it is an entirely different story! We can’t stay logged in, we can’t have threads more than 15 pages long, we are restricted what we can discuss etc etc. So having a little time to spare (I don’t think) on New Year’s Day I created our own forum where we can stay logged in, we can discuss what we want – crafty or not, threads can be as short or long as we like etc etc. Basically we make the forum how we want and as admin I try to implement the requests to make them work. As one of our threads we have a monthly challenge, we are discussing a Cricut lending library, a Cricut cut swap, an atc swap, a stamped image swap, a shopping place recommendation etc etc I am sure you get the drift. Now another path I would like to follow is a guest designer project/tutorial two a month having various different designers each month. The ten million dollar question - Would you consider being one of our guests?
Pop over to us and take a look and join us on:
http://cricutolics.forumotion.co.uk/f1-cricut-personal-die-cutter
The spots that are now available are 28th January, 28th May, 28th June, 28th July, 28th August, 15th September, 28th October, 28th November, 28th December. Choose your referred spot if you can join us and email me back and I will get you listed straight away.
I am thinking at the moment of putting the projects/tutorials on the Guest Designer thread and when it is each designers turn they will hit reply and make the title of the reply Chosen Spot – Designer Name eg ‘August 28th – Pink Stamper’ this way in my mind’s eye you then have the itinerary at the top of the post with the designers following in order afterwards so that if one person looks at the itinerary and wants to find a particular spot they can go to the thread read itinerary and scroll down to the spot they want. Topic for our designers is absolutely up to the individual designers to choose. We also have a button with the coding on the thread ‘Button for our Forum’ which we would love you to use wherever you think appropriate.
Looking forward to hearing back from you at your earliest convenience.
Happy New Year from UK.
Liz
I have been out of town and nowhere near a computer so I am just now catching up on your last two posts. I am so tickled you got the snow you wanted and that what we had here (just for Christmas eve/day) is all happily melted away. I echo the thoughts of others in that I am so glad we ended up finding each other when we did quite a few years back now. I really believe God puts people in our paths (even those we may never have met in person) for a reason. Besides sharing your incredible crafty gifts Annette, you are as lovely on the inside yourself. Thank you for sharing through your blog and emails, etc. May this new year bring you much joy in the new house and lots of time to create all the goodies we so look forward to seeing. God Bless.
Hey there, Annette! Just popping over to say hi. I'm so jealous you got 4" of snow. We didn't get any! It snowed lightly for less than half an hour, and nothing stuck. We have a coating of light ice today, but nothing else. Of course they went ahead and canceled school anyway.;)
Gorgeous, gorgeous cards!!! Love them to bits, all the pink make them all the better! yum! :)
Post a Comment