The last night we were there my sister and I decided to take a walk down to the beach after it got dark to see if any good seashells had washed up. It was about 10 pm and walking through the campground with flashlights was fine because alot of campers were still awake and sitting around their fires. When we got to the boardwalk pathway to the beach, that was a different story. The long walkway to the beach was a tunnel, where they had clipped the brush so you could walk but you were surrounded by brush on all sides, including the top, there was a raised boardwalk with mossy water on one side and it was so dense on both sides you had no idea what was lurking in the brush. The boardwalk was probably 300-400 feet of the brush tunnel, then it was open with sand dunes and seagrass on both sides and then you got to the ocean. Our flashlights did not light the pathway up very well and we could hear the ocean and people on the beach and knew it wasn't too far but we didn't get more than about 100 feet as it was just too creepy and dark and we kept thinking there was an alligator or snakes lurking so we turned around and walked back. So much for our adventure!
There was lots of tears when we said our goodbyes as I know it will be 3-4 years before my dad and stepmom make this trip again.

My only crafty project lately I have done are couple tags I made a few weeks back. I used a lightweight chipboard for the tag, Melissa Frances paper and glitter stars, and Maya Road chipboard. I painted the "celebrate" pink and distressed, then coated with glitter.


We didn't get moved into the new house yet as we didn't get it finished in time. Things got put on hold while my family was visiting and hopefully we can get things back on track next week and we are looking to an end of August move. I'll still have my computer and more time now so I'll be able to get some crafting time in and post more. I can't believe it has been almost a month since my last post and I will try to not let that happen again!
Hope everyone is having a great summer!
Annette
9 comments:
Hey Sweetie!!!! Im glad that your back and that you had an awesome time!!! I will E-mail you when I get a chance!!!!
Annette...it's good to see you back! I check your blog pretty regularly and was wondering if you were alright! Can't wait til you post photos of your new house..I know you must be really excited!
Beautiful tags!!!
not sure I would have been brave enought to even get 100 feet into that brush. Sounds like a fun trip, alligators and all!
While your trip sounds wonderful, I am not sure I could handle alligators...yikes!!
Your tags are so, so adorable! Love those cupcakes and all the stitching!
So glad you will be able to create more!
(-: Heidi
Sounds like you had a lot of fun! What a neat experience to see thoes alligators! I would have been scared to walk through those grasses to get to the beach too! Who knows what was lurking in there!! Love your tags!
Love your tags Annette, they are so soft and sweet looking!
I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with family! Love the alligator picture and I would have been scared to pieces of them! You've just had too many reptile experiences lately, between the alligators and the snake!
Hugs
Amber:)
Well hello! Nice to see you again! I sure have missed you but it is great knowing you were out having a good time...even if it did involve a few alligators! LOL! I am soooo with you guys. I probably wouldn't have made as far on the boardwalk at night as you did! I have NO desire to be gator bait! LOL!
Sorry the move has been delayed but it always seems to go like that when building.
Looking forward to seeing all your crafty creations again. I need some inspiration. I'm in over my head with a few deadlines and I can't seem to make up my mind on which direction I want to take. It will come to me eventually but in the mean time, I would love to glean a few ideas from you. See you soon! xoxo L.
What fun tags!! I don't know how you have had time to make anything with all that you had going on the last month! Walking by the alligators at night reminds me of one of our kids when he was little. He was afraid of the "alligators" under the bed so we gave him a spritzer bottle and told him to spray the alligator neutralizer before going to bed and it worked. We still have the spritzer, you could have borrowed it! :-)
Hi Annette! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I have been such a bad poster lately, but am really hoping to get back into the swing of things. I've missed all my online friends like crazy!
Love your stories of Myrtle Beach. I know just what you mean about the alligators. They creep me out, big time. I had one about that close to me while staying in Hilton Head a couple of summers ago. Yuck.
Good luck on finishing up your house!
Post a Comment